So, here is my list of 50 piece you need to have in your closet! These are super versatile pieces that can be worn with virtually anything for any occasion!
1. Dark Wash Skinny Jeans-Make sure they fit well and are long enough. They should reach your heel. These can be tucked into boots or cuff them with flats. The options are endless!
2. The Chambray Top- This shirt is such an amazing and essential piece. If you are a chambray shirt virgin, things to look for in a chambray shirt are that it should be fitted, but not tight! I love to put a cute cami under them!
3. Flare Jeans- Make sure they are long enough to wear with heels. These are perfect for a polished look or a casual look! Seven for all Mankind makes great ones.
4. White Blouse- This fashion staple can be worn with anything. I love a white button front! They are super cute and can be worn open with a cami underneath!
5. Striped Long Sleeve Shirt- These are always comfortable and are a nautical timeless piece that is always in style.
6. Black Blazer- Most people think, “Black blazers are only to be worn with suits and on business women. They are not for me.” I was once one of those people until my blazer awakening. I wear it over dresses, with skirts, I even wear it with jeans! You can wear it with anything. Just make sure it looks very tailored and expensive!
7. Colored Jeans- Once again, I know exactly what you are thinking, but I was once there. I thought colored jeans were just for tweens and teens. I bought a pair of red skinny jeans and they are my favorite pair! I wear my white button front with them for a chic look!
8. Little Black Dress- Everyone needs that little black dress. There are so many different style to choose from. Whether it is a peplum, lace, a cut out back, make sure it is anything but boring.
9. Leather Jacket- This is a great investment. If you buy a quality one, it will last forever. Get one with a classic shape in either black or brown. Colored leather may go out of style, but black and brown will always be in style and always go with everything.
10. Tweed Jacket- A tweed jacket can add texture to a flat outfit. You need to once again make sure the look is tailored.
11. A Jean Jacket- I like a cropped jean jacket, but a full length jean jacket is super timeless. You can roll up the sleeves to make it 3/4 length! I wear them over dresses and pretty much with any outfit!
12. Cut off Denim Shorts- Pair these with classy pieces to avoid looking like an overgrown teenager. They are a must have in the south in summer time!
13. A Patterned Skirt- Ideal hem lengths vary for each person, but I wouldn’t choose anything super short.
14. White Tee- A white T-shirt is a basic piece to build outfits on! Don’t go for anything too tight or too loose. I love a v-neck and also scoop neck tees. They are so girly and chic!
15. Day Dress- This is your everyday dress you can wear anywhere. This looks great from going out shopping or to lunch with your bff. Make sure it works with your body and is easy to layer!
16. Cardigans- I love cardigans! They go with everything and come in a multitude of colors, lengths, and shapes! I buy as many of these as I can!
17. Striped Blazer- Once again, you can wear it with ANYTHING!!
18. Black Skinny Jeans- Black makes you look slimmer. What more do I have to say???
19. Crew Neck Sweater- I choose ones that reflect my personality. I love embellishments and I make sure mine have plenty of embellishments.
20. The Sexy Dress- For the days you want something flirty and fun! Don’t go overboard though.
21. Pencil Skirt- I usually go with a black pencil skirt that hits at the knee or a little above. It should display your curves, but not be skin tight. It is great for work or cocktail hour!
22. Pea Coat- Make sure it has shape and does not make you look boxy.
23. A Winter Coat- Jewel Tones are cute and fun! I like mine to be warm since I am in Oklahoma and the winters can be brutal!!
24. Strapless Backless Nude Bra- I love these bras that stick to your boobs, but lift them up! It is a must have. You can opt for a nude strapless bra if this is not for you!
25. A Seductive Bra- This should make you feel like a Victoria’s Secret Model. Go get personally fitted. It will change your life. 75% of women wear the wrong size bra!
26. No Show Underwear- Whether it is a nude thong, or nude boyshorts, it should be seamless!
27. Black Thin Waist Belt- It pulls you in at all the right places and could make a burlap sack fabulous!
28. A Nude Belt- For shapeless outfits that are lighter in color.
29. A Big Sunhat- I love big floppy sunhats! They are cute at the beach, or at your son’s soccer game!
30. Winter Gloves- Get a cute pair of winter gloves! I love leather gloves! They keep my hands warm plus they are waterproof and cute!
31. Infinity Scarf- They are just as comfortable as they are fashionable.
32. A Red Handbag- Choose a classic shape with great quality. It will serve you well for years!
33. Black Tote- Pick a trendy one! I love quilted details or chain straps! It will be a lifesaver for last minute trips or for when your purse can’t fit all your crap in it (mine usually can’t)!
34. Cross body Bag- I didn’t realize how essential this was until I brought one to the zoo! It was so nice having all my stuff right there and so close to me without having to lug around an uncomfortable purse for 8 hours.
35. Clutch- For special occasions or going to lunch. I love the oversized clutches!!
36. The Perfect Watch- This is a piece that will never fail you and can be worn with just about anything. I love blingy watches because they reflect my personality.
37. Stackable Rings- These little rings give intricacies to any outfit. I love them!
38. Diamond Studs- Don’t go cheap on the diamond studs. Make the investment. They will sparkle forever!!
39. Pearl Studs- These are so classy! Once again, don’t go cheap!
40. A Chain Necklace- It is sexy and streamlined all in one accessory.
41. Layerable Bracelets- Choose ones that go, but don’t necessarily match. Mix colors, textures, and sizes for interest!
42. Sunglasses- Choose not only cute, but practical. Make sure they are dark enough to block the sun from your eyes. I love oversized frames!
43. Cocktail Ring- I love cocktail rings! I love over-the-top rings with lots of sparkle and “oomph”! Make sure it has that wow-factor!
44. The Black Pump- This shoe oozes confidence and classiness.
45. Chunky Wooden Platform- This will add bohemian beauty to any summer dress, shorts, jeans, anything! Avoid black and gray, stick to cognac or beige hues.
46. Strappy Sandals- This does not mean flip-flops. I love ones that include a little metal or leather detail.
47. The Ankle Bootie- These are also called “Chelsie” boots. You can wear these with jeans or a dress! The possibilities are endless. I like ones that have a peep-toe!
48. Black Knee High Boots- Super chic paired with black leggings or skinny jeans! I like flat ones, but I also have a pair of heeled ones for dressing up a little bit!
49. The Ballet Flat- I bought them in virtually every color! These are so comfy I can wear them shopping all day!
50. The Nude Heel- These make your legs look longer, but they also go with everything! If you tend to look like a newborn baby calf when walking in heels, I would go for a wedge.
So here is the list of 50 must have pieces. I like to shop around and gradually buy these items! I also hit clearances to get great items for a bargain! Remember to always look chic and sophisticated, but fashionable rather than like a teenager wanna-be.