So, I am going on a Vacation to Branson, MO soon and I am so excited for great bonding time with my husband, daughter, my parents, and some other family members! So, when we went to Branson in June, my dad’s gall bladder was acting up and he was sick the entire 5 day vacation! We were hoping to have a second chance at a “successful” vacation, but I now have a torn meniscus in my knee and will be wheel chair bound for the trip! I got hurt while teaching a dance class, but we will save that utterly embarrassing story for another day.
Anyways, on our trip, we are going to go to Dinner with Yakov Smirnoff! He is a Russian comedian and is supposed to be hilarious! I am so excited to see him! We are also going to go to Silver Dollar City for an Old Time Christmas! It is one of the most amazing and magical times to go! They have a lighted parade and a huge tree that lights up to music as well as lots of shops and rides!! We always get season passes to Silver Dollar City and go during at least every season! We will also be going to Mel’s Hard Luck Diner! They not only have incredible food, but all the waiters and waitresses sing! You can buy their cd and they sing great versions of popular songs! We will be going to the Tanger Outlet Mall for a little retail therapy during our weekend!!
Going on Vacation can be a fashion nightmare since you want to be comfortable but still want to look nice. Plus you don’t have access to your whole wardrobe while you are away! You also need to dress for the weather and bring options for virtually any weather situation! I have found that dressing in layers is key to staying comfortable and cute! So, we are also doing a lot of activities on my vacation! That seems like it would require a million different outfits right? No! I will be there for 2 nights 3 days so I will not need a half a million different outfits! I love mix and match! I can pack a few items and have enough outfit choices for the entire weekend and then some!
- Bras & Underwear– I usually bring 1 pair per day, plus a few extra
- Socks– 1 pair per day
- Sleepwear– 1 or 2 pair should be ok!
- House Slippers
Outfits for Women
- Dress– I am totally obsessed with sweater dresses! They can be casual with leggings and boots or you can dress them up with textured tights and heels!
- Jeans– bring 1 pair in a skinny style or straight leg! They can be tucked into boots or worn with heels! They are super versatile.
- Black Leggings- you can wear these with a long shirt or under a dress! I love the leggings that have fleece inside because they have the warmth of sweats with the fashion of leggings!
- Long Silky Shirt- This shirt can be worn with your leggings or jeans and can be dressed up or down.
- Black Camisole- worn under anything!
- Dressy Tank Top- This can be worn under a jacket or sweater (refer to my whole layering binge above)
- Sweater or Jacket- I usually bring a lightweight cardi or sweater and I would also bring a leather jacket or jean jacket! It may be cold outside, but it can get really hot in shows and inside (or vice verse).
- Boots- bring one pair of boots. I don’t really like to wear boots with a high heel since I want to be comfy when walking around! Opt for riding boots, uggs, or cowboy boots!
- Heels- For those dressy occasions!
- Swimsuit- If there is a pool at your hotel, bring a swimsuit! Even if you don’t think you will have time for the pool, you may find yourself with more down time and dying to hit the hot tub for relaxation!
- Jewelry- I always accessorize, even when I am wanting to relax! I bring a few key necklaces that will go with any outfit! I also never leave without my 9mm bullet earrings (in the south, bullet earrings are a common fashion staple!)
- Scarves- I cannot believe how much I wear scarves! They are just like a necklace, but better!
- Gloves- I have a half a million gloves! I love them! They are so wonderful since I constantly have cold hands!
- Hats- Just like my gloves, I love hats! I inherited some of my Grandma’s hats (she died in March at the age of 95, almost 96) so these are very vintage hats! Vintage is coming back and I love it! I have many bourees and sun hats that I wear a lot!
Outfits for Kids (girls) (I don’t have a boy, but you can adapt this to a boy!)
- Dress- Once again, for a little girl, I would choose a sweater dress!
- Jeggings or Jeans- These are great to pair with everything! I usually bring 2 pairs since traveling and 5 year olds don’t mix (especially when trying to eat in the car!)! Choose a skinny jean or straight leg that can be tucked into boots or worn with flats.
- Long Sleeve T-Shirt- I bring 2-3 of these! They can be layered under other stuff in case it is cold outside!
- Black Leggings- These can be worn as pants or under a dress or skirt!
- Sweater or Jacket- I would bring a light jacket and a heavy coat!
- Boots- I bring uggs for Izzy!
- Flats- Flats will look cute with the dress or with the jeans and a cute shirt!
- Swimsuit- Kids love to swim! Bring a swimsuit if your hotel has a pool!!
- Gloves, scarf, and hat- just in case it is cold out! We will be walking SDC at night, so she will need these for sure!
- Toothbrush and Toothpaste/ Oral Hygiene Products
- Cotton Balls/ Cotton Swabs
- Shampoo and Conditioner
- Shaving Supplies
- Make Up Remover
- Hair Brush
- Hair Products
- Curling Iron and Flat Iron
- Birth Control
- Feminine Hygiene Products
- Birth Control
- Contact Lenses and accessories
- Make Up Kit
- Prescription Medications
- Cell Phone & Charger
- Laptop & Charger
- Camera & Charger or Batteries
- Portable DVD Player and DVD’s
Now that I have told you what all I pack on my trip, I will let you know where to wear each outfit!
Dinner Show- Yakov Smirnoff
- Sweater Dress- I have a deep red/ oxblood colored sweater dress with a cowl neck and edgy zippers and rhinestones on the neck!
- Earrings and necklace
- Black Leggings or tights
- Black heeled boots
Theme Park- Silver Dollar City
- Jeans- I will be wearing a dark wash skinny jean!
- Long sleeved shirt/ long sleeved silky shirt- I have not decided which shirt I will wear yet
- Ugg Boots
- Earrings and necklace
- Beret hat, gloves, and a scarf
Lunch with Friends/ Family and Shopping- Mel’s Hardluck Diner
- Jeans or leggings
- Dressy Tank Top- Snake Skin print sheer tank from Express with black cami underneath
- Brown Leather Jacket
- Necklace, earrings, and bracelet
- Brown Cowboy boots